Monday, February 2, 2009

ode to have a microscope...

For lack of fun microscope toys, I decided to play around with my scanner instead. (By chance, does anyone know where I can get cheap parts to build my own high-powered microscope for home and garden purposes?) Anyways, so I took a closer look at my lucky fingerprints. The one below is mostly normal. The other two underwent an accidental alteration a few years back, so they are not exactly traditional prints. But I thought it was neat to see the details. It would be super awesome cool to experiment with a scanning electron microscope...


3 comments:

Alex said...

It might be neat to use the SEM but I don't think you would be able to see very much of your fingerprint at one time...besides, if you want to keep your lucky fingerprints I wouldn't reccomend getting them gold plated and put on little plates inside a vacume.

Jen said...

sir alex, i should clarify, the SEM would for exploring other exciting things. i agree that i do like to keep my lucky fingerprints... ...speaking of SEM would a said physics person, such as yourself, be kind enough to give me direction as to making my very own SEM? that would be awesome!!! any advice is greatly appreciated!

Caitlin said...

:) I recognize those fingers!
Might I caution you against posting them online - someone might steal them for their own use - because their so cool! :)

heart hugs!