Monday, June 16, 2008

to play the colors of sunset




Sabbath evening, Rabbit and I went out to the hill behind CA to play guitar and to watch the sunset together. Sitting low, the tall grass around me perpetually pointed upward at the radiant display. Massive rays of light burst from behind dark storm clouds and shot across the sky to gild distant clouds in dazzling gold. (I was so enthralled with awesome display that I didn’t think to take a picture until after the rays were not prominent.)

It was fun to take music inspiration from the gorgeous sunset. I need to develop more skill at guitar, but I enjoyed trying to play harmonies that match the style of how the sunset colors went together. The clouds symbolized overall patterns of crescendo or a solo of bass notes, ect. The amount of light in different areas translated into vibrance of the music style I would play. It was great fun. Rabbit even tried to come up with lyrics to the song by singing “step up” and by making his water drop sounds to crescendo to the guitar. We had a splendid evening :)


3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hey Jen!

I miss you lots! We're doing some staff training now... and I can't wait for you to get here!

I loved reading your blogs :)
especially turqoise tempo.... :)
Great alliteration!

Phoebe said...

Hey Jen, I just found your blog! Yay! How are you doing? I love the pictures that you took! Beautiful! I hope you are doing great! Glad that school's over? What are your plans now? I'm heading to Thailand in 5 days! Wild, I know! :D God bless you, dear! Keep in touch. Oh, do you mind if I add your link to my blog?

Amy said...

JEN!! :) How are you? Just thinking about you! Guess what? The house I stay at has a pet bird living in a tree outside. I want to put a picture up of him sometime. Love ya! -Amy