Saturday, June 19, 2010

summer rain



Rumbling reverberates in the distance, calling me to look outside. A dark spot on the horizon promises to quench the hot day. Gradually the birds stop singing while the trees turn into silhouettes.

Cool winds gush down from the expanse overhead. A torrent of river rapid clouds loom omnimous overhead- ebbing, flowing, rushing.

Backlit clouds swirl together in knots twisting and moving as a great living thing. With each breath it swoops in lower to engulf the area. Lighting flashes down with urgency leaving resinous thunder to rake the sky.

Pattering little raindrops start to sing, making way for a resounding encore.


5 comments:

Jen said...

I love the words; river rapid clouds :) I can feel the storm in my mouth when read your discription :) dynamic and wet.

Caitlin said...

edit: Caitlin posted the above comment. I didn't see who I was signed in as first :)

Teddy said...

Amazing expression, just like being there. Thanks Jen! But, Caitlin did have me a tiny bit confused for a moment ;) I love a good storm and the feel of the clean air after.

Unknown said...

The words are true; the photo is fitting! (Beautiful capture)

Christen said...

Lovely. :) I've learned to appreciate rain a lot more now that I've been to Israel in the dry season.